One of the easier border crossings for tourists, Del Rio, Texas connects to Ciudad Acuna in Mexico. Southbound traffic often experiences little to no delays here but northbound can have reasonable wait times. Crossing the Del Rio Border international bridge very simple and you shouldn’t have issues locating the Aduana and Banjercito to complete paperwork.
Del Rio Border Location – Find it on Google Maps Here
Del Rio Border Hours – Open 24/7
Wait Times – The camera below is handy but here are the official wait times for Del Rio.
Del Rio International Bridge Live Cameras – Watch the live feed for a current traffic report.
Border Crossing Instructions from Del Rio to Ciudad Acuna
This crossing is about as easy as they come.
- From Del Rio, drive southbound on State Loop 239.
- Enter the toll booth and pay the fee to cross the bridge.
- Drive across the bridge until you reach the Mexico side.
- Enter the inspection lanes and follow the red/green signals on approach. Stop for inspection if directed to the parking spaces on your right.
- It’s best to inquire about the Banjercito/Aduana location before exiting the border area. The building is just off to your right with both offices in the same indoor area. They have made some changes in recent years but there is plenty of street parking if you can’t remain parked in the border area. Get your TIP and FMM easily in the Aduana building.
Ciudad Acuna to Del Rio Process
The northbound process is also clearly defined. Being a bridge crossing, it’s pretty easy to stay on track. Make sure you return your TIP before leaving Mexico. You will visit the same aduana location at the border to complete the return.
- Take Lib Jose de Las Fuentes along the border
- Pass through the toll booth to enter the bridge crossing. Proceed across the bridge until you reach teh US Customs lines. Stay in the general passenger lane unless you have a Ready or Sentri pass.
- Present your passport and documents, answer any questions and proceed to Del Rio. There is always a chance you will be sent to secondary for inspection as well. If so, drive to the covered area and wait for your inspection before entering the United States.
Hotels in Del Rio Convenient to the Border
Del Rio, Texas is a great town with plenty of lodging options. While the border is open 24/7, crossing southbound is best done during daylight when it’s easier to navigate the process. There are nice hotels, budget motels and RV parks all convenient to the border area.
- Hampton Inn – Breakfast, an outdoor pool and nice ammenities make for a nice stopover before or after crossing the border.
- Motel 6 – The prices are generally very reasonable and it’s located right in town.
- La Quinta Inn – Free breakfast and nice rooms make this a great option for Del Rio Hotels.
- Hidden Valley RV Park – This park is very close to the border, making it the perfect option for getting an early start.
- Fisherman’s Headquarters RV – Another great option, you will find spacious sites and full hookups. It’s close to town which is nice for grabbing supplies and services as you prepare to cross.
Where to Stay in Ciudad Acuna
Ciudad Acuna has a ton of lodging options. Border crossing folks and tourists will generally gravitate towards the centro zone which happens to be close to the crossing.
- Hotel White River – The closest option, this small hotel has secure parking and positive reviews.
- Hotel Villa Real – Also close to the border, you will enjoy the outdoor pool and the on-site restaurant.
- Capital O Palms Hotel – Located near the junction of highway 29 and highway 2, this is a nicer hotel that is convenient to several popular routes.
As always, make sure you have insurance when driving in Mexico. It’s the law to carry liability at a minimum from a Mexican insurer. We can quote and help you secure the best Mexican car coverage right here.